Standing Committee on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights including HIV and AIDS (SCORA)
SCORAngles are committed to promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights, we strive to create positive change in local communities Sex education to decide, contraceptives to avoid abortion, legal abortion to avoid dying!
NORA: National Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights including HIV and AIDS Officer.
I'm the one who is in charge of coordinating those activities that include any of the issues that we deal with at SCORA, if you are encouraged to impact the world on issues of sexual and reproductive health and rights, you can contact me and join a team full of agents of change that unites all the SCORAngels of the world, we promote safe spaces, remember that your ideas can change your environment, your city, your country and the whole world, and working all in education, awareness, screening based on our focus areas, we will build a world best.
What is SCORA?
The Standing Committee on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights including HIV and AIDS (SCORA), carries out information campaigns, awareness and community impact projects regarding reproductive health and AIDS, not only among the country's medical students but also in the general population. This committee also belongs to IFMSA, which also allows action not only at the national level but also internationally.
SCORA Focus Areas:
- Comprehensive sexual education
- Maternal health and access to safe abortion
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Gender-based violence
- HIV and other STIs
The objectives of our committee are:
- Sensitize the community about sexual and reproductive health and rights, HIV / AIDS.
- Combat stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV / AIDS.
- Increase knowledge about everything related to sexual and reproductive health issues.
- Promote healthy sex life and positive sexuality.
- Be representatives of medical students from across the country to advocate for sexual and reproductive rights.
- Facilitate joint actions in the field of sexual and reproductive rights, and thus generate a greater impact.
- Provide tools for the development of capacities for future health professionals in terms of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Some of the activities that we realize in national level are:
INTEGRAL SEX EDUCATION
- Breast cancer prevention campaigns
- Sexual health and mental health
- Family planning methods
- Self-knowledge and respect for the human body
- Sexual and reproductive rights.
- Safe and consensual sex practices.
MATERNAL HEALTH AND ACCESS TO SAFE ABORTION
- Breastfeeding campaigns
- Education campaigns for pregnant women.
- Education campaigns on Voluntary Termination of Pregnancy.
- Education regarding access to safe abortion in Colombia.
SEXUALITY AND GENDER IDENTITY
- Education campaigns against gender identity.
- Forums support the participation of different gender identities.
- Identify the LGBTTTIQA + community.
- Sexual health in the LGBTTTIQA + community.
- Role of the doctor in favor of the rights of the Trans community.
- Routes of care for GBV.
- Support network for GBV
- Education on the role of the physician in GBV.
HIV AND OTHER STIs
- Awareness campaigns on the use of barrier methods.
- HIV / AIDS destigmatization  campaigns.
- Awareness about the importance of Hepatitis vaccines.