Standing Committee on Public Health (SCOPH)
Being a SCOPHeroe is taking what we learn in our career to another level. May your passion and love be the purpose to serve and teach others. Let's do public health!
NPO: National Public Health Officer
I'm here to support local, regional and national initiatives, these can be activities, projects or campaigns for health promotion and disease prevention, in this way our committee is always in contact with people because one of our pillars is community intervention; we are also interested in public health policies and how they work both nationally and internationally; in addition the committee promotes peer learning in the various health brigades. We have several projects underway of which you can also be a part.
What is SCOPH?
The Standing Committee on Public Health (SCOPH) brings together medical students from around the world to learn, develop skills, cooperate, explore and share ideas to address all issues related to public health, including global health issues, health policy, health promotion, and educational activities. Their activities turn around health promotion and disease prevention campaigns in the general population of Colombia. This committee is a space for public health projects. National and local activities include vaccination programs, sex education, and health brigades, among others. The committee belongs to both IFMSA (Standing Committee on Public Health - SCOPH) and FELSOCEM (Standing Committee on Integrated Health Care - CPAIS), as such it has a global reach. Since its creation the committee has implemented, maintained and improved a wide variety of community projects at the local, national and international level. Through these activities, we are pursuing our vision of a healthy society and developing our own potential to be complete and skilled health professionals.
The general objective of our committee is:
- To increase awareness of global public health issues among medical students and our society.
- Disease prevention in our society.
- Health promotion and education in our society.
- Advocate for health policy as the voice of medical students around the world.
- Collaborate with other committees such as medical education, human rights and reproductive health.
- To provide tools for the development of skills and knowledge to medical students that will allow them to humanize their profession.
We carry out various activities around the following themes:
- Health Promotion.
- Disease Prevention.
- Health humanization.
- Public Health Policy.
- Primary Health Care.
Some of the activities that we carry out at a national level are:
- Advertising, flyers, computer graphics, etc.
- P&P Campaigns (Health Promotion and Disease Prevention)
- Health Brigades
- I Heart
- Community Adoption
- A Super Day with Superheroes
- Sustainable Development Goals(SDG)'s Meeting
- Drug Collection (CUMIS, CAMPIS, ...)
- Are You Ok Doctor?
- Teddy Bear Hospital